A city full of fun, flavor, and fantastic sights, San Bernardino sits at the center of Southern California’s “Inland Empire.” Given its abundance of experiences and activities, the city has become a popular place to live.
If you’re thinking of moving to San Bernardino or selling your San Bernardino home, you’ll want to understand the key San Bernardino real estate market data—especially the San Bernardino County median home price.
In this brief guide, we’ll demystify the San Bernardino housing market by focusing on the average home price in San Bernardino, CA.
Median Home Price San Bernardino County
As of February 2022, the median home price in San Bernardino county was $475,000. Additionally, the median sold home price was $465,000, rendering it a slight seller’s market.1
With that said, the city of San Bernardino’s housing market differs from the county’s. With a median home listing price of $449,900, homes in the city of San Bernardino are more affordable than the county’s average.2
Of course, the city’s median home price doesn’t tell the whole story.
For a more accurate breakdown of the median home price in San Bernardino, CA, it’s important to look at San Bernardino neighborhoods’ home values.
Ridgeline: The Most Expensive
Located just north of downtown San Bernardino, the city’s Ridgeline neighborhood is known for its laidback suburban living. Given its respectable schools and family-friendly amenities, the neighborhood consists of families and young professionals.
At $599,000, the median home listing price for the Ridgeline neighborhood is higher than the city’s average. If you’re thinking of moving to the neighborhood or selling your Ridgeline home, it’s paramount to consider the following:3
- The median home listing price per square foot is $281
- As of January 2022, homes in Ridgeline were on the market for an average of 50 days
- The neighborhood is a balanced market
While the neighborhood’s median home price nears $600,000, it’s possible to find homes for as little as $250,000 and as high as $679,000.3
University Square: Best for Students and Young Professionals
Encompassing the Cal State San Bernardino campus, the University Square neighborhood is loaded with delicious restaurants, hip art galleries, and student-friendly living.
What’s more, the neighborhood’s proximity to downtown San Bernardino makes it a popular neighborhood for homebuyers desiring a “city feel” minus the “city traffic.”
University Square’s median home listing price of $449,900 matches the city’s average. To that end, here are a few other housing market metrics to consider:4
- The median listing price per square foot is $341
- The median sold home price is $335,000
- On average, homes in University Square are on the market for 69 days
- The neighborhood is a slight seller’s market
If you’re selling your University Square home, you should inform prospective homebuyers of the notable schools and exciting nightlife. It’s not just the home that’s going to influence the sale price; the accessibility of the location is also paramount.
La Plaza: Most Affordable
Located just west of downtown San Bernardino, the La Plaza neighborhood features the city’s most affordable housing. In addition, the neighborhood is known for its many parks, most notably Encanto Park. As of 2020, the neighborhood had a population of 5,321.5
At $325,000, La Plaza’s median listing price is lower than both the city’s and county’s average. Sellers and buyers should also note the following:6
- The median listing price per square foot is $309
- The median sold home price is $345,000
- On average, homes are on the market for 49 days
- The neighborhood is a seller’s market
Although La Plaza is the city’s most affordable neighborhood, it also has the widest range of housing prices. La Plaza’s home prices vary, so whether you are looking for a single family home or a quaint apartment, it’s possible to find a home in the neighborhood for as little as $114,000 and as high as $2,100,000. La Plaza’s housing market tends to evoke variability. New home buyers should look here as there is a variety of options available.
Verdemont: Most Seller-Friendly
Nestled in the city’s northernmost limit, the Verdemont neighborhood is San Bernardino’s most seller-friendly neighborhood. This is because the neighborhood features well-rated schools, suburban living, and access to outdoor activities.
The median listing home price for the Verdemont neighborhood is $547,500, making it higher than the city’s and county’s average. If you’re a prospective Verdemont home buyer or seller, it’s imperative that you know the following:7
- The median price per square foot is $331
- The median sold home price is $580,000
- Homes in Verdemont are on the market for an average of 39 days
- Verdemont is a strong seller’s market
Selling Your San Bernardino Home? Let FlipSplit Help!
The city and county of San Bernardino feature some of Southern California’s most desirable neighborhoods. While it’s fantastic to understand the popularity, it’s imperative to know its exact housing market data.
Fortunately, FlipSplit is here to help.
Not only are we working to educate prospective sellers about San Bernardino housing prices and factors that impact valuations, but we can also help increase your home’s market value and sell your property without the hassle of realtors (or even listing it on the market). We buy houses at fair market value upfront in cash with no fees, commissions, or closing costs. With us, you can be sure you’re receiving your home’s fair value in a process that’s transparent, easy, and convenient.
Interested in learning more about how to sell your San Bernardino home fast? Wonderful. We’re looking forward to meeting you.
- Realtor.com. San Bernardino County, CA Real Estate Market. https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/San-Bernardino-County_CA/overview
- Realtor.com. Home values in San Bernardino, CA. https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/San-Bernardino_CA/overview
- Realtor.com. Ridgeline, San Bernardino, CA Real Estate Market. https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Ridgeline_San-Bernardino_CA/overview
- Realtor.com. University Square, San Bernardino, CA Real Estate Market. https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/University-Square_San-Bernardino_CA/overview
- Niche.com. La Plaza. https://www.niche.com/places-to-live/n/la-plaza-san-bernardino-ca/
- Realtor.com. La Plaza, San Bernardino, CA Real Estate Market. https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/La-Plaza_San-Bernardino_CA/overview
- Realtor.com. Verdemont, San Bernardino, CA Real Estate Market. https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Verdemont_San-Bernardino_CA/overview